Sheezy is now running on freshly built software called RE2 (ry’s engine 2.0) – I’ve spent the past month revamping Sheezy’s internals and building this bespoke new engine from scratch, and I’m sure you can all agree the performance gains were worth the work!
I also managed to squeeze in some extra updates:
- AWARDS! The Sheezy Spotlight award will now rotate every 8 hours, and we’re working behind the scenes on some fun new awards to dish out too - Patreon subscribers will have access to these once they’re ready!
- HTML5 Games can now be uploaded – these are still experimental so expect to see some bugs!
- Audio submissions have been treated to a lovely new audio player, freshly built from the ground up for speed and style
- Advanced image compression keeps your storage space usage as low as possible giving you more room for new uploads
- Brand new page designs for News, Journals and Notifications
- Fresh interface revamp for your Settings Dashboard
- Clearer and more representative UI for Journals and News posts
- Improvements to site search
- And more!
Given that this is a pretty massive update, there will undoubtedly be bugs and issues and whatnot. Please feel free to come scream at me on our Discord Server if you notice something looks a bit broken!
Enjoy and take it easy,